This blog will treat you novice and help you build your first ADF Mobile application from Scratch.
- Download latest Version of JDeveloper. I have 184.108.40.206.0.
- Arrange one android phone with KitKat OS installed.
- Data Cable of your phone is required to connect your phone with PC.
- Start JDeveloper as Studio.
- Goto Help->Check For Updates
- Select Update Source-> in “Search Update Centers” make sure “Oracle Fusion Middleware Products” and “Official Oracle Extensions and Updates” are selected->click next
- Select Mobile Application Framework(MAF) and start download.
- It will take sometime depending on internet speed. For me it took almost 15 mins on 4MBPS.
- Restart JDeveloper after installation.
- Connect your android phone using data cable and enable USB debugging.
- USB Debugging can be enabled from Settings->Developer Options->USB Debugging
Hello World Program
- Create a New Application->Mobile Application Framework(MAF) Application
- Select all defaults and click Finish.
- Open maf-feature.xml in overview mode
- Add new feature name = Demo, demo id = oracle.demo
- below in contents tab, select content type = Local HTML
- Below there is a file selector = click “+” to create a new file. Select defaults for file also.
- In untilted.html, Type “Hello World” and “Save All”
- Click on “Application” Menu -> Deploy ->Create New Deployment Profile->Profile Type=”MAF for Android”, Enter Profile Name =”Android Deplyment” ->click Finish.
- Again Click on “Application” Menu -> deploy-> select “Android Deployment”->Select “Deploy Application to device” and finish. It will deploy application to the device.
- Open Mobile Springboard->you must find”Demo” application there. Click on it, it will show “Hello World!”
Follow My blog for step by step details of the actions you performed.